That's Cool - by Heat

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Scary Movie Marathon of October 2011

I LOVE SCARY MOVIES! Why did I acquire this love? Well, I have this best friend named DeeDee... She pretty much made me a Horror movie addict. A few years ago, when we became friends, she told me about going to the movies to see scary movies alone. Heck no, I can never do that. But I definitely did admire her for it. Before this all started, I couldn't watch a scary movie without cuddling up to a muscular man and a blanket (to cover my eyes)! Now...well, I don't need a man. Hahahaha. It's because we are the worst (or maybe the best, depending on how funny you think we are) people to watch movies with. We talk. And talk. And talk. And talk... We have to comment on every move anyone makes. "What are you doing?" "Don't go in there! Honestly, who goes into dark, scary corridors by themselves?" "Yeah, call out. Make sure the murderer knows where you are." "Don't swear," (one of my personal favorites). And the most common comment, "Boobs, again? Why can we never pick movies without boobs?" We are so hilarious, discussing what we'd do differently. We, of course, would never go on the subway at midnight in New York (Midnight Meat Train) or drive through the desert when we're low on gas (Hills Have Eyes, Vacancy, etc.) or go to Texas (Texas Chainsaw Massacre). Idiots.
Because we have watched 32 or more movies in the past six months, we are going to be scary movie critics. We'd be the best at it. However, we might give five stars to every movie... So maybe not. Darcey Michelle, my other bestest friend, joins us much of the time, so she'll be a critic with us too. She doesn't know yet, but I'm sure she'll be excited.
I made a list of the movies that I've watched with DeeDee... I might add ones that I watched with just Darcey, but for now,  I'll just mention the ones that DeeDee has watched with us. I am so excited. Aren't you?
Here they are, along with what I thought of them.
-Midnight Meat Train. BEST. MOVIE. EVER. We frickin' loved it. I think we laughed the entire time...well, when we weren't freaking out over all the murders, the sores kept in jars, outrageously gory murders, and (eww) tossed salad. Look it up, I'll never tell what that means.
-Boo. Awful movie. There was a reason for why things happened. My favorite movies are the ones with killers without reason... They are the most interesting and they leave your imagination spiraling out of control. Boo ended fairly...I dunno how to explain it. Lamely, I guess.
-Shutter. It was kind of the same, very forgettable. Yeah, it was creepy that this girl kept showing up in pictures and stuff, but if I was in her situation, I'd haunt people too.
-The Descent 1 and 2. They were awesome. A huge underground cave with thousands of ways to die, whether it is crossing from one side to another, stabbing each other in the dark, or being eaten by the things that live in there? Wonderful. Spoiler alert... I especially love it when the townspeople help the villains out to avoid being taken down... LOVE IT.
-The Ring 1 and 2. Worst movies. Not because they're bad, but because they haunt my dreams and my thoughts. I first watched number one when it came out and it was the first I'd seen. The dead girl's face and the very thought of the movie is horrifying. Now that I've seen them, you can bet I'll never watch them again.
-Friday the 13th. Who doesn't love a mindless killer? Well, I guess he's not mindless. He's brilliant. And speedy. How he manages to be everywhere and never get killed or outsmarted is just really...whoa. I'd watch it again.
-The Ward. I liked this one too. It was twisted out of control. Like the dead girl that kills everyone? And the twist at the end... I wish I could give the ending away. It's awesome.
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre. This one is just...wowza. Darcey watched this one with us. I have to admit that there were a few times that I almost hurled (when he wipes the brains off the seat) or hid my eyes. It's a bit disturbing to see the face of a guy who used to be alive being worn by the guy who's about to kill someone. Scary times.
-The Strangers. Sweet the first time I saw it, but I can't watch it again. It never shows the faces and I hate the idea of killers that kill because "you were home," uhhh, what??? Yeah. That's why. But I'd suggest you watch it. Everyone should. For sure. Hahaha
-Last House on the Left. It's mostly just a big anxiety attack. You're like, "this could've all been avoided if you hadn't hung out with your stupid friend!" Butt rape, the smartest doctor, and an exploded head. Sweet revenge. It's cool.
-Pulse. All I can really recall from this movie is red duct tape. Obviously not too memorable. There are two more movies and I might still see them. Maybe it'll end the story.
-The Possession of David O'Reilly. I don't remember much about this one either. But the demons were sweet and were made out of pure imagination. There's a gross part about a baby that cuts itself out of its mom and they can always reach you in the dark. Scary though. Might as well see it.
-The Ruins. Sweet movie. Turns out it's the plants that are the killers. They are so crazy. First this guy gets paralyzed, and one guy is the most awesome doctor. There are these people that are outta control and shoot anyone who is touched by the plants. It's really a bummer. But it was definitely sweet.
-The Hills Have Eyes 1 and 2. Well, basically, this is a nightmare. The "villains" are people that were turned into mutantsish by the radiation and they want revenge. The dad gets burned to death, tied to a post in the middle of a fire. And in the second one, someone comes out of the toilet. Out. Of. Control. Watch them.
-Vacancy. I am thinkin' that I can never stay in a motel again. Apparently there are killers everywhere and there are secret passageways and cameras everywhere. Also, never trust a cop. They're either killers or get killed.
-Unborn. I can't remember much about this one. There's a creepy crawly guy though. I wouldn't suggest it.
-100 Feet. So sad. The chick gets released from prison after she kills her husband. And then she's haunted by him. I think she finds money and has an affair. Not that great.
-Insidious. Darcey is terrified of this one. I didn't think it was that bad until the end. Watch it and you'll see why. I liked it, but I was done with it when it was over. I got into bed and slept soundly that night. 
-Case 39. Now that one is freaky. This is why I hate children. Ok, I don't hate them, I actually want them and I think they're cute sometimes. But, this girl is definitely a reason to be terrified of them. Seriously, I get the oven thing. Hahaha. Watch it!
-Straw Dogs. Pretty ok. It was a good story with two super hot guys. Oh snap, the main "straw dog" has the hottest body. Lol. The problem with this is boobs, again, and rape. Not a fan of that. But overall, pretty good movie. Just wait until you don't have to pay $8 to see it.
-Don't Be Afraid of the Dark. Oh snap. I loved this one. Gotta feel bad at the end though... It almost ended happily. Also, it always stresses me out when people don't listen to their kids... They might sound crazy, but I think that they're good people and they're not always lying. They're actually pretty honest people. The little girl in this is so adorable too. See it.
-Carrie. We watched this one quite a while ago. It's freaky, but kinda old and lame. It's mostly there to laugh at now, I think.
-The Amityville Horror. Houses that are haunted suck. Period. It's kinda like The Shining. Just a different setting. Houses mess people up a lot, apparently.
-Echo. Mostly sad. Abusive husband/father. Dead mom. The grosses closet ever. And an escaped convict. Don't watch it.
-Prom Night. This is really just a bummer. Who attacks people on their prom night? And what murderer is hot? I feel like an awful person having a crush on a killer.
-The Uninvited. Twisted times... Gotta feel bad for the younger one. She has good reasons for everything though...At least, they seem good.
-Knock Knock. ...Just don't watch it.
-Splice. It's number one, it's number one! This is the best ever. Splice is so cute at the beginning! And she's outta control! Science is sweet. Watch this one a thousand times! Darcey even drew a picture of us with Splice (her name is actually Dren) and it's hanging on my mirror!
-Paranormal Activity 2. Awesome. But now I've seen it too many times. And you have to watch it after you watch Paranormal Activity 1. Technically, you should watch 2, 1, 2, 1, 2. That would just get complicated... I cannot wait until number three is out!!! It comes out in five days, which is unfortunate because I work all day Friday. We'll make it work.
So there ya go. Our collection of movies. More to come, maybe.
I am pretty lazy with this thing, let's be honest.
OK, bye. Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home