That's Cool - by Heat

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 Begins. Oh yeah...

First off, Happy New Year! Last year was a good one, but I'm definitely ready to start a new one. Maybe now that I've made some new resolutions that I think I might keep, I'll start trying to become a better person...at least for a while...until I've forgotten about it all.
After talking to my dad about what this decade will bring, I have decided that I'm going to start writing out five year plans/goals so I can actually progress. The thought of five years from now kinda scares me though. I mean, think about it; in five years, I plan on being married. Eww... Not that I think I'm old, it's just that I've never been to the point where I'm actually thinking about getting married. My whole life, as a girl, has been stuffed full of me replacing my last name with my crush's, planning my pink and black wedding, hoping for a gold ring (the yellow kind, not white), and dreaming up the perfect, flowing wedding dress. However, I haven't, before these past few months, actually considered that my next date could be the guy I marry. My sister (Amy) was just about engaged  by the time she was my age. That is scary...and it gets me thinking.
Anywho (who says that anymore?), I want to make new goals/resolutions at the beginning of every month for the year. We'll see how long that lasts.
This month, as I start on my new medicine (I'll tell you what it is if you ever ask me) and start seeing a new doctor. I am going to be perfect with taking it on time and always show up to appointments on time. Next, I need to start looking for a job. I think it's gonna take longer than three weeks, but I can start. I need to work out too. That last one is so that when I become famous and all the guys I've ever been with will regret ever letting me go (whether it was my choice or theirs) and they'll all just want me back. I have to start now. Who knows when I'll get all famous. Ya know? Hahaha
This year, I want to figure out my major. I am thinking I'll major in communications because I can do anything with a degree in communications. Everything involves communication, right? Yes. I also NEED to get a job for the summer. A good one. Not that I don't LOVE working at the pool, I just cannot survive or save up for next year on that amount of money. Any suggestions? Preferably somewhere I can get paid to practically do nothing. Cuz that's what I did at my other job...I mean...what? Shh... I need that degree...
I also think that I need to find a boyfriend. A good one. I'm not desperate, kinda, but I think it's about time I grow up. Kissing is fun and all, but there's nothing like feeling like you're a part of something that is just between you and the person you love. I can be in as many clubs and go to as many parties as I want, but a relationship is just so much better.
I should probably start being a better person now. It's important and it will probably make it easier to reach my other goals.  So, I think I'm going to try to do service more for people, be less selfish, show more respect (especially to my parents), and most importantly, get help from my Heavenly Father. I will get closer to Him by praying more and reading the Book of Mormon. I have, admittedly, done a lot of stupid stuff in the past few years, and I need to grow up and figure out what I want in life and I can't do that without His help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home