That's Cool - by Heat

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

#3 My Narrative Essay Will Be About...

During class when we first started discussing narrative essays, I honestly thought to myself, "I have nothing in my life to write a narrative essay about...who really has adventures like that? Not me..." But, the more I thought about it, I came up with plenty of things. Let's just hope that they'll turn out interesting. I am not a great writer, I never know which details to put in, what will be funny or fascinating to people, etc. Anyway, I think that my essay will have to be about my latest big adventure: Summer 2010 at Draper Pool in the concessions stand, where I spent about 35 hours a week. Because I'm writing an essay about it, I don't want to give away too many details, but it will basically be about Monday mornings with the Aquasport kids, the lifeguards that we "oogled" at day in and day out and drew pictures of (that we hung inside the fridge), the kids that asked what they could buy with "this" as they held out two pennies and a coins from Nicklecade, and the parents that thought our prices were outrageous (umm...hello, we're a concessions stand at a pool, of course our prices are outrageous) and there were three windows, two of which were for ordering the overpriced food and the third was for picking up the food, which is, apparently, impossible for anyone to understand. We also had fun reading dozens of books, as long as it was clean...for the most part. And that's not all, there was drama galore! I just bet you cannot wait to read this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home